Recently, I needed to be able to parse Excel files and to output Excel files. However, I found that my old code from previous blog posts were now problematic:
Those old implementations used EPPlus which is now a commercial product. I wanted something open source.
A memory leak can very difficult to isolate. I ran into an interesting one a few days ago. I have a service that makes calls to a SOAP service with a serialized SOAP body from POCO, and it digests/deserializes the Xml response into POCO. However, there was a memory leak that I could not locate.
In one of my current projects, I needed to render some barcodes. Google has a nice “Code 128” barcode font which makes rendering a barcode in a website pretty easy. However, in this particular application, I wound up needing to render the barcodes as images since the HTML that I render is fed into a PDF creator that doesn’t support font-face CSS stylings.
Exceptions in .NET can be difficult to log or inspect due to their hierarchical nature with inner exceptions. Since the InnerException on a given exception is not an enumerated list, it requires a little bit of work to flatten the hierarchy.
Continuing down the porting trail, there are a few more relevant things I want to share that I didn’t cover previously.
A while back, I started looking at ways to port EF6 code, that uses a lot of the API hooks and such, to Entity Framework Core. Over the past week, I managed to port a large scale application that was using EF6 to utilize EF Core. Here are some observations/tips in continuing with my Dotnet Core porting.
Since the OAuth server I’ve detailed previously is using OWIN, I’ve been looking at what it will take to move it to .NET Core. The OWIN OAuth Server provides all of the Secure Token creation. This functionality is not provided with .NET Core’s native middleware.
My first thought is to integrate with IdentityServer4 or Openiddict which provide Secure Token generation and are .NET Core compatible. After some cursory information gathering, I’m putting a few research links here for later use.
In my previous post regarding an Angular file upload directive, I mentioned that I would also show how to upload to a WebAPI endpoint from that directive. Here we go..
A while back, I wrote an application that processes sales information. These sales actually represent a hierarchy of data because there can be refunds, charge backs, charge backs of charge backs, refunds of refunds, adjustments, and so on and so forth. The way the data processing is handled, though, treating the entire hierarchy as a single transaction is important. This requires a bit of recursion.
A while back, I blogged about a handy task scheduler and repeater. I use this code often and when I started using it with a heavy memory/data footprint, some serious memory leaks came to light.