Tag Archives: webdevelopment

Home / webdevelopment
65 Posts

A fellow developer asked me how filter Pipes could be used for filtering based on checkboxes. Using the existing code samples I’ve created, I endeavored to put together a little demo of how this can be achieved.

More Link

After my recent post on sorting within an Angular Component, I was chatting with another developer about JavaScript sorting. Some of my assumptions about data types and formats allow some edge cases to present themselves in the form of inaccurate sorting.

More Link

In one of my previous posts, I touched on how to build a filtered list using Angular pipes. As I’m adding more features to the table component that I’m working, I spent a little time modifying the pipe to be able to performing combinatory filtering.

More Link

One of the features that I had not implemented in my newer Angular component is sorting. Today I decided to go ahead and tackle this feature. Since the latest version of Angular is out, I’ve decided to simply refer to it as Angular. AngularJS will be used to refer to the older v1.x.

More Link

angular_small

In my last post regarding an Angular2 Multiselect dropdown, I showed how to integrate form validation. One of the last UI interaction pieces is handling clicks outside of the component. This is necessary to close the dropdown when, for example, a user clicks the document body.

More Link

angular_small

It’s been a while, but I had some time today to work a bit more on my Angular2 multiselect implementation. The next aspect that I wanted to implement is validation.

More Link

Recently I posted about a method I use in JavaScript (Angular specifically) to transform posted Date objects to transmit the local DateTime. It’s a simple method that uses JavaScript’s “toLocaleString” method while intercepting POST requests. Everything worked fine except when IE11 was introduced into the equation.

More Link

As of late, I’ve really been getting more and more into Angular2. For me, the important aspects are learning how to do what I’ve done with v1.x in the newer framework. This involves a great deal of understanding of the difference between v1.x and v2.x. Since one of my most popular Angular 1.x directives is the Multiselect Dropdown w/ Checkboxes, I decided to tackle converting it in incremental steps. From the top, the first piece of significant functionality is filtering the list of items.

EDIT: Be sure to check out my newer article on Angular Pipes.

More Link